The Texas Innovates Campus
THE TEXAS INNOVATES CAMPUS
Our proposed campus for the historic Second Ward of Houston would be walking and biking distance to all the great cultural, entertainment and business amenities of downtown Houston, and incorporate over 100,000 sq. ft. of wet labs, prototyping centers, gas chemistry and reactor labs, co-working space, machine shops, and electronics space. Members of Texas Innovates have access to shared and private labs, directly and through sponsored labs by our corporate partners.
Other business development and acceleration opportunities will be available in partnership with our local, regional, and national partners.
The Campus Apartments:
- Designed to be affordable on an absolute basis for both entrepreneurs and local residents seeking high quality and affordable rentals
The Commercial and Retail Space:
- Flexible meeting and event spaces, both interior and exterior, for community members and businesses to assemble
- Restaurant and café for residents and local community featuring onsite organic produce
- Neighborhood services such as medical, childcare, farmers market/grocery
- A hydroponics and garden center that will be available to local resident groups to grow produce and learn new advanced farming skills
- Connected bike and sidewalk zones from the Campus, working with the community and city government to grow connectivity for the whole area. The inclusion of a linear park on the adjacent property design would make the Campus a piece of a larger community network and greenspace, and we will create a working group with the city and that owner to make that a timely opportunity.
- The water retention area alongside the bayou and bike trail, is planned as a joint multi-property water management area, which when not holding water, will be a large public amphitheater with views of the Bayou. This can be used for concerts, community events and a family gathering spot.
- Innovation Center
- Residential, Co-Living and Co-Working Space
- Hydroponic Garden
- Retail Mixed-se
- Bike Storage & Tire Inflation
- Detention Pond / Amphitheater
- Residential Lofts
- Solar PV Panels
- Green Wall
- Existing & New Bike/Hike Trail
- Connector Bridge across Bayou